I had the honor of attending Simply Stylist LA. It was an inspiring day full of panels, breakout session, brand activations, and networking. I left feeling ready to take on the blogging world. It was a humbling experience to be in the same room as people who are at the top of their trade and who have worked hard to get there. Hearing their stories gave me some insight into how I can become a better blogger.
Here are the top 10 things I learned while at Simply Stylist.
1. Things will happen the way they should. – Ashley Greene
2. When people say you are different than you were 10 years ago, you should say WELL DUH. – Ashley Greene
3. Hire for your flaws. –Amber Farr (I suck at photography and should hire someone to handle this for me. It will save me stress and increase my quality tenfold.)
4. Whatever you do, just have movement. Little movement every day. –Amber Farr
5. Be consistent. –Lana
6. Flower crowns are my weakness. @Cake&Punch
7. Problem solve before you have a problem. –Audrina Patridge
8. Learn how to say no. – Michael Costello
9. Stay relatable. –Gina Ybarra
10. There are a lot of people out there you can learn from. Being able to attend sessions to learn how to balance the chaos of life, how to master social media, and how to monetize my influence, showed me that whatever I want to learn I can. Seeking out people who are doing their trade right is the best way to learn.