Reading helps improve focus and concentration, improves imagination, develops verbal abilities, reduces stress, and improves memory.
Here are 10 of my favorite children's books that I have enjoyed, kids I have nannied enjoyed, and I hope eventually my own children will enjoy:
- I'd Choose You by John Trent
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- If You Give A Moose A Muffin by Laura Numeroff
- Falling Up by Shel Silverstein
- Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- I Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
What were your favorite books as a child?