- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Be sure you are drinking at least half your weight in ounces of water per day. For example. If someone weights 160 pounds, they should be drinking at least 80 ounces of water per day. I know that drinking water all day everyday can get boring, so add things to your water to give it some extra flavor. Lately I have been adding mint leaves and lemon wedges to my water to give an extra delicious kick, for no added calories.
- Start your day with a high fiber and high protein meal. This will kick start your metabolism and keep you full. Lately I have been obsessed with Shakeology. I blend it with ice and almond milk most mornings. It keeps me full for several hours. It also has added benefits of reducing cravings, promoting healthy skin and hair, improving digestion, and increasing energy.
- Schedule your workouts as if they were business meetings. It is so easy to get caught up with life. Before you know it you are laying your head on the pillow at night without having moved your body. Find the time that working out is best for you and then block that time off in your planner. For me I have found that it is best for me to go to the gym straight from work. I do not plan anything between 3 and 5 pm each day in order to give myself the time to work out. I also have started making my workouts a social activity by going to Zumba or other gym classes with friends.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Getting healthy is difficult if the people in your life are bringing you down. Hang out with people who take care of their bodies and encourage you to do the same. I am involved with two accountability groups that help me maintain my healthy lifestyle. One of them is with a few of the wives of the coaches my boyfriend works with. These women and I have a similar lifestyle, making it easier to encourage and understand each other's daily life.
- Don't be afraid to try new things. Get outside of your comfort zone. Whether it be a class at the gym, a detox tea, or a thermogenic. One of my favorite thermogenics is Bikini Bod. It is a natural formula that boosts metabolism, burns fat, prevents bloating, and provides extra energy.
What are some of your best healthy living tips?