Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
Although a couple years old, I recently picked this book up for my Tone It Up book club and absolutely loved it. When I started I was lucky enough to be at the beginning of a week long vacation because I could not put it down. I was reading near to twenty chapters a day. This sharp humored murder mystery is one that I have heavily recommended since completing. It will be an HBO show starring Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon in 2017.
Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson
A friend recommended this book to me, saying that it helped her to focus on her inner self and listening to what her body needs. I read the first chapter last month then stopped reading because of the chaos with my move. However I have since picked it up again and am glad to be reading it now as a supplement to me beginning Whole 30. This book focuses on being mindful of your mind, spirit, and body.
You Are A Bad Ass by Jen Sincero
This inspirational story gets your butt in gear to stop sabotaging yourself and live your best life. Sincero assists readers in making the most of their life with what they have where they are. It pushes readers to fall in love with every aspect of their career, mind, finances, and more. It was so well received that Sincero is coming out with a follow up book in April that focuses solely on finances.
What books are you loving right now?
Monday, August 29, 2016
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Ten random things---
- Kat Von D Lock It Concealer is the bomb.com. The tiniest amount goes a really long way and provides ultimate coverage.
- This season of Big Brother is the most boring of all time, yet I still spend three hours a week watching it.
- I just realized I also spend three hours a week watching Bachelor in Paradise. Why.
- Kettle Quinoa Crisps from Trader Joe's are my new favorite snack. They taste like kettle corn, are low in sugar, and have quinoa, chia seed, flax seed, and sunflower seed in them!
- Total Body Tone Up by Tone It Up is an amazing workout. Check it out on YouTube and prepare to sweat.
- Another great workout I am loving lately is Beach Body's newest workout, Country Heat. It is country line dancing and is so fun that you do not even notice that you are working out.
- I have so many bookmarks of websites listing "life changing books" saved on my laptop that I could create my own "life changing" library.
- I am so thrilled to hear their will be a Tone It Up Fall challenge in October! I have been banking on it as motivation.
- The California drought could be solved by Ashley I's tears.
- Trader Joe's has beautiful flowers for great prices. I got a stunning bouquet for $3.99!
Monday, August 22, 2016
Now that school is back in session, studying is a major part of life again. While I am taking the semester off of school, I still need study-eque music for working on my blog, prepping for things at work, and studying for my board exams next year. The right music can make or break the perfect study sesh.
Here is my current study playlist:
Here is my current study playlist:
- First Breath After Coma by Explosions in the Sky (the guys responsible for the great instrumentals in Friday Night Lights the tv show)
- We Used To Be Friends by The Dandy Warhols
- House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert
- California by Phantom Planet
- That's What I Love About Sundays by Craig Morgan
- I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab For Cutie
- Miserable At Best by Mayday Parade
- Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope
- Slow Dancing In A Burning Room by John Mayer
- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
What do you listen to while you're studying?